DC Forum: Evolution- An Update on Ceramics, CAD/CAM, Bonding, and Implants
May 31 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
What are the fundamental aesthetic treatment planning guidelines to select the best materials and treatment options for our patients considering the large variety of silica-based, high-strength, and hybrid ceramic materials available today? How to best integrate digital workflows and resin bonding technologies? How to design new smiles and handle bonded laminate veneers? Do different ceramics require specific laboratory and clinical treatment to function properly in the mouth? Is all zirconia the same? How to cement different ceramics? What are the best materials to restore dental implants? And, in this age of “evidence-based dentistry”, what is the scientific evidence on all of these topics?
This presentation will answer such questions in an unbiased manner and provide an update on aesthetic, less invasive, and long-term functional treatment options from conservative laminate veneers to implant-supported full-mouth rehabilitations. Case selection, tooth preparation, dental implants, digital manufacturing in the dental laboratory and in clinics, fundamental material science, as well as cementation and bonding techniques of ceramics based on decades of research and the latest scientific evidence will be presented.
Participants will learn:
- Understand and implement fundamental esthetic and treatment planning guidelines
- Differentiate modern ceramic and hybrid materials and their indications
- Learn about CAD/CAM technology and its diverse applications to fabricate indirect restorations
- Understand strategies for success with ceramic restorations for teeth and implants based on the current scientific evidence
- Apply adhesive dentistry concepts in combination with indirect restorations
- Understand guidelines for successful and long-lasting esthetic restorations from laminate veneers to full-mouth implant-supported rehabilitation
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Presenters: Dr. Markus Blatz
Fee: DC Forum Members Free; Non-Members: $85