Nicole Fortune, RDH, MBA, ICP
Nicole Fortune is a registered dental hygienist who works in a busy periodontal office providing non-surgical and preventative care. Nicole believes the best patient care happens when combining her dental hygiene knowledge with the latest technology. She is a recognized expert in training dental professionals in areas of periodontics, including peri-implantitis. Nicole is also recognized as an innovative marketing expert, helping multiple offices establish an online presence and promote specialty services. Nicole has delivered multiple educational presentations to Vermont Technical College Dental Hygiene School, Institute for Dental Implant Awareness, and the University of Vermont Diabetes Research Center, as well as numerous other clubs and professional groups in New England.
Nicole holds many certifications including CO2, Diode and Nd:Yag laser certification. She is currently the only dental professional in Vermont who is certified in periodontal endoscopy. Her chief expertise is in clinical care of advanced periodontal and peri-implant diseases. She utilizes endoscopy with laser treatment to restore patient’s oral health, in many cases resulting in regenerated bone. Nicole earned her hygiene degree and her BA from the University of Vermont. She also holds a MBA from Champlain College.
As a personable and kind healthcare and business professional, with a great work ethic, Nicole enjoys using her ambition and skills to create positive solutions that empower and prosper clients. She is also known for her ability to connect and work well with co-workers and supervisors as part of a dynamic team that is committed and passionate about delivering amazing results.
- Champlain College (Burlington, VT); Master’s, Business Administration- 2010
- University of Vermont (Burlington, VT); Associates in Allied Health, Dental Hygiene-2004
- University of Vermont (Burlington, VT); Bachelor of Arts, Psychology- 1995
- The Academy of Laser Dentistry
- The American Academy for Oral Systemic Health
- The Association of Dental Implant Auxiliaries
- The Patient Treatment Coordinator’s Association
- The American Dental Hygienist Association
- The Vermont Dental Hygienist Association
Topics of Expertise
- Nonsurgical Periodontal Regeneration
- Periodontal endoscopy
- Diode/Yag Laser Therapies
- Treating individuals with compromised mental, emotional, and physical capacities
- Infection control and OSHA guidelines
- Motivational Interviewing
- Soft Tissue Management
- 2009 Pittsfield MA. Current Trends in Non-Surgical Periodontal Treatment.
- 2012 Burlington VT. Vermont State Dental Society. Building an Online Presence and Managing Social Media to Attract New Patients
- 2015 Santa Monica CA. The Institute for Dental Implant Awareness. Peri-implant Diseases, Diagnoses and Treatment Options