- This event has passed.
Extraction Site Bone Grafting
June 25, 2016 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm995USD
Adequate bone architecture is critical for correct implant positioning and longevity. Following tooth extraction, clinicians must pay close attention to the condition of the alveolus and consider site graft to augment missing bone or preserve it for delayed implant placement. Extraction site grafting is indicated in the following clinical circumstances:
- Traumatic tooth extraction with loss of bone
- Existing periodontal disease or abscess
- Plan for significant delayed placement of implants
- Maxillary anterior teeth
The purpose of this course is to provide participants with the knowledge based necessary for extraction site grafting for augmentation and preservation of the alveolus. Step-by-step surgical techniques are presented along with review of all grafting materials, instrumentation, and approaches. Participants will learn soft tissue management in both aesthetic and non-aesthetic regions. In-additional, participants will learn how to prevent complications and failures associated with sinus augmentation and management principles if they occur.
Extraction site grafting will be demonstrated during a live surgery.
- Diagnosis and treatment planning for extraction site bone grafting
- Understand various grafting materials
- Manage soft tissue for ideal flap design
- Learn application of growth factors to enhance bone healing
- Understand and manage complications associated with extraction site grafting
- Diagnosis and planning
- Bone grafting materials
- Application of PDGF in extraction site grafting
- Soft tissue management
- Post-op care
- Managing complications
- Live demonstration
Presenter: Dr. H. Ryan Kazemi
CE: 8 Credit Hours (AGD PACE Approved Provider)
Cancellation Policy: $250 fee for any cancellations made at least 3 months before the date of the course. Any cancellations less than 3 months before the course date are non-refundable.