A case demonstrating flap design using a medially-based incision for implant placement to correct buccal soft tissue deficiency without grafting. Together with a properly fabricated customized abutment and restoration, this simple technique allows development of buccal soft tissue for better aesthetics and hygiene maintenance.
- Diagnostics were obtained: CBCT and optical scan for 3-D planning
- Surgical guide fabricated from 3-D work up using 3-D printing
- Medially-based incision to develop a flap with buccal displacement
- Selected dental implant was placed using the guide.
- Healing abutment placement
- Final restoration with customized abutment and crown