- This event has passed.
Transitional Restorative Options For Optimal Soft Tissue Design and Aesthetics Around Dental Implants
June 22 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFree
Transitional prosthesis following teeth extractions and placement of dental implants is an important part of the overall treatment. It provides patients with the necessary function and aesthetics while awaiting for the definitive restorations. The transitional design must protect the tissue following extractions, implants, or bone grafting procedures while it sets the tone for the final restorations. In this course, Dr. H. Ryan Kazemi discusses the options for both fixed and removable transitional restorations during post-surgical healing phase. He also discusses implant-supported transitional restorative options including customized healing abutments and prototype restorations and their role in designing the ideal soft tissue architecture.
The participants will:
- Learn various types of removable transitional / interim restorations and risks and benefits of each type
- Understand the transitional design concepts in relation to bone and soft tissue
- Learn the critical decision-making on design based on biology of healing
- Learn how to avoid common complications associated with transitional-induced tissue atrophy
- Learn various transitional restoration designs for applications in single, multiple, and full arch treatments
When: June 22, 2022
Time: 6 PM – 8 PM
Speaker: Dr. H. Ryan Kazemi
Location: 4825 Bethesda Avenue, Suite 302, Bethesda, MD 20814