- This event has passed.
DC Forum: Contemporary Tools for Contemporary Implant Dentistry
November 7, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
In recent years, technological and clinical advances have transformed the practice of implant dentistry. Implant connections that allow for a harmonious relationship between restorative components, bone and peri-implant gingiva have shown the potential to enhance final esthetic outcomes. Immediate loading of complete and partially edentulous cases has become a well-established concept. In addition, the combination of high-quality scanners, low-cost 3D printers and open software place the dental team in a unique position to control all aspects of implant therapy. This exciting presentation will focus on various aspects of the implant restorative process with a focus on recent technological advances. Topics will include diagnosis and treatment planning in the esthetic zone, immediate implant placement and provisionalization, intraoral scanning, 3D printing and material selection for the final restoration.
Participants will learn:
- Generate treatment plans that will maximize esthetic results
- Understand techniques and materials used for the fabrication of immediate provisional restorations
- Identify factors to consider in the material selection of final prostheses
- Utilize multiple restorative techniques to improve the final esthetic outcome
- Name practical intraoral scanning and 3D printing applications to improve teamwork communication, increase efficiency and enhance clinical results.